Ethics and Standards
THE ETHICS AND STANDARDS COMMITTEE – TERMS OF REFERENCE
1. Promotes and maintains high standards of conduct by councillors and co opted members.
2. Assists the councillors and co opted members to observe the Members' Code of Conduct.
3. Advises the Council on the adoption or revision of the Members' Code of Conduct.
4. Monitors the operation of the Members' Code of Conduct.
5. Advises, trains or arranges to train councillors and co opted members and on matters relating to the Members' Code of Conduct.
6. Grants dispensations, if necessary, to councillors and co opted members from requirements relating to interests set out in the Members' Code of Conduct.
7. Considers complaints against any member relating to alleged breach of the Code of Conduct, to make findings of fact and decisions in respect of the action to be taken, and where necessary to make recommendations to full Council.
8. Exercises (1) to (7) above in relation to the parish councils wholly or mainly within the Wyre Forest District area and the members of those parish councils.
9. Recommends approval and adoption of relevant codes, plans and policies
10. Oversees the whistle blowing policy;
11. Oversees the complaints handling and Ombudsman investigations.
12. Keeps the operation of the constitution under review so far as it relates to ethics and standards of behaviour.
Meeting Dates and Documentation available here
The Committee is made up of:
Berenice Dawes (Vice-Chairman)
Calne Edginton-White (Chairman)