Skip to the Content
My Local Area
About My Local Area
A-Z of Council Services
You are here:
> Advice, Benefits & Council tax
Bewdley and Arley
ANNUAL REPORT OF ACTIVITIES 2012/13
Attendance at Council/Committee and Sub-Committee meetings
Name of Committee No. of meetings No. of
Council 6 6
KEF 2 2
Members Forum 7 0
This represents an overall attendance of 53% of committees appointed to.
I sit on Bewdley Museum Management Committee and hold the Chairman post. We have a great team of members, many from the voluntary sector and it is great to see visitor numbers remained over 120,000 during the past 12 months.
I am also a Board Member of Wyre Forest Community Housing
• Ward Surgeries held every Saturday 9.00am – 10.00am
• Monthly distribution of Activity sheets inviting comments from constituents.
• Ward newsletters delivered all year round to every house – 18,000 in total
• Regularly writing to specific streets and areas about local issues.
Since May 2012 I have had the privilege to be Chairman of Wyre Forest District Council for a second consecutive year. Being Chairman I have been supported by Miss Susan Morris of Rock to represent this Council at all Civic and Council events.
There have been many events we have attended and supported and I want to thank all colleagues and officers for their support at attending both my Christmas Carol Service and my Chairman's Annual Dinner. Both events passed off very well indeed and I am delighted to announce we raised £4,825. 70 for my chosen charity Kemp Hospice over the past two years.
I have chaired all Council meetings between the Annual meeting in May 2012 and the last Council meeting of 2013, together with two additional Council meetings!!
Some of the highlights of the Civic year have been:
• Being elected Chairman – unanimously for a second year!
• Being presented with the Olympic Torch at Bewdley and travelling to Kidderminster on the Severn Valley Railway and receiving a massive re ception.
• Finally opening the new Council's Headquarters at Finepoint.
• Being invited to Lunch with HM Queen and Duke of Edinburgh at Worcester Guildhall to celebrate her Diamond Jubilee.
• Supporting the carnivals of Kidderminster, Stourport and Bewdley.
• Hosting an Armed Forces Day ceremony.
• Meeting the Duke of York on at visit to Thomas Vales in Stourport.
• Visiting our Honorary Alderman Mrs Elizabeth Mills – 101st Birthday.
Hop Pole Lane
Telephone: 01299 402338
Facsimile: 01299 403838