WYRE FOREST DISTRICT COUNCIL
Annual Report and review 2021/2022
Name of Member: Councillor John Byng
Ward: Wribbenhall & Arley
Section1: Attendance at Council / Committee and Sub-Committee meetings
Name of Committee No. of meetings held during the year No. of meetings attended
Council 5 5
Members Forum 3 3
Cabinet Advisory Panel - Green Agenda 8 8
Licensing & Environmental 5 5
This represents an overall attendance of 100%
Period of Extended Absence, (e.g. Maternity leave/Sick leave): -
Number of meetings attended as a substitute: -
Section 2: Mandatory Training Completed
Training Activity Date Attended
Licensing ** 22/07/21
Planning ** 15/09/21
Audit & Introductory Treasury Management **
Environmental Protection Team Presentation
** Required to sit on the Committee
Cyber security training
no of modules completed 6
Section 3: Community Involvement
1. Chair of the Together Group which meets twice monthly at Wribbenhall Parish Room to bring together older people within the community who may be feeling lonely or isolated for lunches and events.
2. Member and Trustee of the Friends of Riverside North Park, Bewdley.
3. Member of the Bewdley Flood Emergency Group.
4. Attended meetings, in my District Councillor role, at Upper Arley and Kidderminster Foreign Parish Councils.
5. In regular communication with the Chair of Wribbenhall Residents' Association.
6. Millennium Green Committee Member and Trustee ensuring the park is maintained for public leisure and recreation.
7. Bewdley Town Council responsibilities:-
Chair of Staffing Committee
Member of Finance & Facilities Committee
Deputy Leader – Road Safety Group
Member of the Flood Emergency Group
Member of the Budget Group
Member of the Christmas Lights Event Group
8. Member of Bewdley Civic Society
Section 4: Assisting Constituents
I have met with residents over a number of issues including the Local Plan, Community Housing, rodent control, highways, noise control, licensing and planning permissions.
I have overseen the installation of VAS (vehicle activated sign) equipment on the Habberley Road, Wribbenhall and continue to monitor speed and report road safety issues.
I have monitored public safety and Wribbenhall residents' concerns during the winter flooding.
Prior to the Together Group commencing in January, along with other Committee Members, I telephoned the most isolated and at risk members of the Group to offer support.
Constituents have contacted me via telephone, email and letters.
Residents are kept informed by leaflets (‘Wribbenhall & Arley Matters') which go to every property in my Ward and upon which my contact details are prominently shown.
Section 5: Supplementary Information
Throughout the year I have continued to gain experience and keep up-to-date by ‘virtually' observing District Council Committee meetings of which I am not a Member, in order to be fully informed and in a position to better advise and respond to constituents' queries and concerns. I have also undertaken Member Training, when requested.