Skip to the Content
My Local Area
About My Local Area
A-Z of Council Services
You are here:
> Advice, Benefits & Council tax
ANNUAL REPORT OF ACTIVITIES 2012/13
Attendance at Council/Committee and Sub-Committee meetings
Name of Committee No. of meetings No. of
Cabinet 7* 6
Council 6 6
KEF 2 2
Licensing & Env. 7 5
Members Forum 7 5
This represents an overall attendance of 83% of committees appointed to.
Number of meetings attended as a substitute:
* Replaced Councillor Julian Phillips after 2 meetings had been held.
• Established working partnership with police officers through the Police and Communities Together (PACT) meetings held 4 times a year in Franche Community School, Chestnut Grove.
• Governor at Franche Community School, Chestnut Grove.
• Governor at St Catherine's C of E Primary School, Marlpool Lane.
• Trustee of Claire Witnell and Blount Almshouses, Wilton Avenue.
• Attend regular tenants meeting Community Housing Group Franche.
• Member of Wyre Forest Clinical Commissioning Advisory Group.
• Charter Trustee of Kidderminster.
• Member of the Health and Well Being Board.
As an established Councillor I continue to keep in contact with residents through regular Franche Matters newsletters, personal contact by home visits, phone calls and emails.
This year with my District Colleague, I have facilitated an information morning in the Franche Community Church with the Citizens Advice Bureau. This was well received by people requiring an understanding of the new welfare reforms.
Keeping Franche ward tidy and clean is a priority and I am grateful to the Lengthsman who assists the Council's team in carrying out this function.
Through my involvement with the community I have come to know residents and have been able to help with council officers resolve locality problems throughout the council year.
This year I split my £1,000 Community Leadership Fund three ways. I was very pleased to be able to support Barnabees Nursery School with £320. They purchased a purpose built dressing up trolley, a microwave to enable cooking activities and digital equipment for learning pathways.
I also supported the Odell Centre based in Plimsoll Street who deliver services for people with learning disabilities and I thanked the volunteers who live in Franche ward for the unstinting support they have given over many years to this service. I supported them in the sum of £320.
The remaining £360 was given to Sandicliffe Close to support a project to improve a corner piece of surplus highway land with planted tubs. These will be managed and cared for by local residents.
19 Franche Road
Telephone: 01562 852736
Appointments and Appeals