Annual Report and review 2016/2017
Section1: Attendance at Council / Committee and Sub-Committee meetings
Name of Committee No. of meetings held during the year No. of meetings attended
Audit (Chairman) 4 4
Council 6 6
Members Forum 4 3
Overview & Scrutiny 8 7
S106 Monies Review Panel 2 2
This represents an overall attendance of 92%
Period of Extended Absence, (e.g. Maternity leave/Sick leave):
Number of meetings attended as a substitute:
Section 2: Community Involvement
• Established working partnership with police officers through the Police and Communities Together (PACT) meetings held 4 times a year
• I also attend the Habberley PACT meetings
• Governor at Franche Community School, Chestnut Grove.
• Governor at St Catherine's C of E Primary School, Marlpool Lane.
• Trustee of Claire Witnell and Blount Almshouses, Wilton Avenue.
• Attend regular tenants meeting Community Housing Group Franche and Habberley.
• Kidderminster Town Councillor
• Trustee of John Weston Stretton of Kidderminster Charity.
• WFDC Trustee for the Museum of Carpet
Section 3: Assisting Constituents
As an established Councillor I continue to keep in contact with residents through regular Franche Matters newsletters, personal contact by home visits, phone calls and emails.
Keeping Franche ward tidy and clean is a priority and I am grateful to the Lengthsman who assists the Council's team in carrying out this function.
Through my involvement with the community I have come to know residents and have been able to help with council officers resolve locality problems throughout the council year.
Community Projects – Leadership funding has enabled me to enhance three areas with planted shrubs to create a pleasant environment for residents. The local community will maintain the upkeep of these projects.
Section 4: Supplementary Information
Using Community Leadership Funding I have donated £1,000 to Blakemarsh Restoration Project to create a nature trail for children, families and visitors to enjoy.