Skip to the Content
My Local Area
About My Local Area
A-Z of Council Services
You are here:
> Advice, Benefits & Council tax
Habberley & Blakebrook
ANNUAL REPORT OF ACTIVITIES 2012/13
Attendance at Council/Committee and Sub-Committee meetings
Name of Committee No. of meetings No. of
Council 6 6
KEF 2 2
Members Forum 7 7
Overview & Scrutiny 13 13
Planning 12 12
This represents an overall attendance of 100% of committees appointed to.
Number of meetings attended as a substitute:
7 (Housing Review Panel–2)(KEF Working Group-2)
(Licensing & Environmental – 3)
Unfortunately I have not been elected to any outside bodies.
However I have engaged with Habberley Brownies, Habberley Tenants' Club and The Wyre Forest Navy Training Corps.
I have attended and played an active part in all Partners and Communities Together (PACT) meetings in my Ward.
I strive to attend any community activities within my Ward, e.g. The Habberley Father Christmas event.
Attend all TCC meetings and Estate Walkabouts.
• Publish quarterly Newsletters delivered to each dwelling in the Ward. More frequent Newsletters are delivered during election periods.
• Deliver ‘Street Letters' on specific issues when required.
• On all communications my contact details are clearly shown.
• Communicate with residents via visits, telephone, e mail and letters.
• Other relevant information may be found on The Local Labour Party Website.
• Take regular ‘Walkabouts' throughout the ward.
• Hold monthly surgeries.
• Hold meetings with groups of residents on specific issues.
• Use business cards and calling cards with residents.
• Take part in TCC meetings and Estate walkabouts.
• Strive to give all residents support in a variety of ways, eg
- Advice and Guidance
- Liaison with WFDC
- Liaison with WCC
- Liaison with TCHG
- Liaison with other bodies
- Signpost to appropriate agencies
- Undertake a variety of casework
- Represent residents at appeals.
• In short I strive to keep residents informed of all matters relevant/important to them and offer diverse opportunities for them to contact me and keep me informed - if I don't know I can't act.
• Given the amount of communication I get from residents, thus far, communication systems appear to be successful. I have considered the use of social media sites but not sure about the appropriateness in this context.
I attend as many Civic Functions as is practicable as I believe that such actions illustrate community commitment.
I have actively campaigned for the Parishing of Kidderminster.
I have attended all training opportunities and members' briefing offered by WFDC – all of which have been of great value to me and hence my effectiveness.
Although not a member, I have played an active, and hopefully productive, part on The Housing Review Panel.
1A Woodfield Crescent
Telephone: 01562 822097